The nature of work is evolving - shouldn’t early learning centres be evolving, too?
Parents might have typically worked a conventional 9-to-5 in years gone by, but modern working patterns are much more varied. You might work from home. Or you might work from home part-time. You might have a four-day work week, or you might work a pseudo split shift, working from home in the early mornings and late evenings while taking care of the kids during the day.
Regardless of what work looks like for you, we understand that flexibility is important. At our childcare centre, we strive to provide a range of care options to meet the needs of modern families. Here’s how we do it.
We offer extended hours so you can avoid traffic
Navigating Auckland traffic can be a stressful experience for children and parents alike. To help you stay one step ahead of the traffic and give you more control over your schedule, we’re proud to offer extended hours at our early learning centre.
- Drop-off time: Our earliest drop-off time is 7 am, giving you the opportunity to get out of the house early and into work before the roads get too busy. We can provide facilities and support with breakfast once your children arrive.
- Pick-up time: Our latest pick-up time is 6 pm, which gives you plenty of wiggle room to navigate the roads and collect your kids after work without stressing about the time.
Depending on your work arrangements, you might be able to take advantage of our extended hours to condense your workload into several days and keep some days free to spend more time with your kids. We have a number of families at Kiddywinkles who find that this arrangement works well.
We provide flexible options tailored to your needs
Every family is different. That’s why we offer a range of daycare options to suit the unique needs of your family. In addition to Full Day and Full Week programmes, we also provide:
Half Day programme
Our Half Day programme is perfectly suited to families who need a few hours of support.
Our Half Day programme may be a good option if:
- You work from home.
- You work part-time.
- You or your children’s caregivers need some respite from childcare during the day. Some of our families use Half Day hours to give caregivers a window of time to do the shopping and household chores, knowing their child is safe and having a wonderful time with friends in the meantime.
- You’re thinking of bringing your children into full-time daycare in the future. Half day options can serve as a ‘trial run’ of sorts, giving your children the opportunity to socialise with children of their own age and get familiar with a new environment before making the transition to Full Day hours.
School Day programme
Our School Day programme is an excellent choice if you want to help your child get a feel for regular school hours.
Our School Day programme may be a good option if:
- You have older children who are already attending school. With School Day hours, you can drop your children off at Kiddywinkles either just before or just after the regular school day starts, and pick them up around the time that school finishes. This is great for reducing the number of car trips you need to take and the amount of time spent on the road.
- Your kids are going to be attending full-time learning in the near future. School Day hours allow preschool children to practice going to their place of learning at the same time each day in preparation for attending school five days a week.
Find out more about our early learning centre
If you’re looking for an early childcare centre in West Auckland, we’d love to hear from you. Located along Fernhill Drive, Kiddywinkles offer a wonderful learning environment where young minds can express creativity, curiosity and joy under the gentle guidance of passionate educators.